Thursday, August 29, 2013

Late night sewing

When Billy is gone on fires I tend to stay up a lot later than I probably should. Last night was one of those nights. I have been wanting to sew myself a purse for a couple years now and I could never quite decide on style, fabric, size, etc. Well, my purse that I've been carrying around for the past several years is really tattered, worn and dirty and I decided that whatever I made was going to be better than what I was using. So, I made a small messenger bag that I have made a couple times before for gifts. I tried to write down all the things I wanted to design in to fit my needs before I started and I was able to make it with most of my wants. It doesn't zip closed... which I kinda wanted to help keep Jameson out of it... oh well. But it has three internal pockets, one zipper pocket, one pleated pocket and one sectioned pocket for pens. I also sewed a small tab where I can clip my keys inside. The front of the bag also has a small pocket, perfect for a phone and chap stick and I made a Velcro closure for that one.
All in all I am excited to run errands tomorrow with my new purse and give it a trial run.
Here it is- I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I lined it with the flower fabric. It's very fun inside!

4 comments:

  1. Cute Lori! You are a total pro with the sewing machine. I think that is so awesome.... and that purse is so you! :) You are amazing with how productive you stay while taking care of kids, putting together a new house AND Billy being gone a lot. You are amazing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that .... So glad you have skills on the sewing machine. It will serve you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive. I don't think I could sew in pockets just because I wanted them. I am a slave to a pattern. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! I've been sewing a lot lately, but it has been for other people. (sigh!) :) I think your purse turned out great.

    ReplyDelete