Sunday, August 28, 2011

Paradise Bunco

I am in a Bunco group back here in the forest on Paradise. It is a really fun group of ladies who get together once a month to eat food, chat and play bunco. I had only played bunco once before joining this group, in Arizona with my best friend Camie. Bunco has been quite the treat each month to get out of the house for a few hours in the evening.
This month, I volunteered to host bunco at my house.( Billy took the boys over to the neighbors house and also watched her kids too. What a guy!) It was such a fun time. I was a little sad that none of the "old timers" made it over... but I had 12 fabulous girls come and enjoy an evening with me. I made a huge taco salad and everyone else brought things to share. There was 7 layer dip, guacamole and a large table of yummy desserts. We were all very full by the nights end. Besides the main dish, the host is also supposed to supply a door prize. I decided to make a door prize and then I decided one was not enough so I made two. Prize number one was a tote bag and prize number two was a lunch set, sandwich wrap and snack baggy. The girls who won the prizes were pretty happy I think.
I only snapped a couple pictures during the evening because I was having way too much fun playing and..... winning! Yep, I won half the pot for rolling the most buncos! I was shocked actually :) Each time you roll a bunco during the game you have to wear a silly hat- it's pretty funny.
I really enjoyed hosting bunco and having lots of friends over! I even made a sign (not finished yet) that may get passed around to each house that hosts bunco from here on out! BUNCO!

2 comments:

  1. The prizes turned out so cute. Good work. Love the hat. This monthly game night looks like a ton of fun. I'm glad you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so much fun... and look at you sewing it up! Glad those boys are giving you time to have fun.

    ReplyDelete