Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Williams Birthday Party




I am very overdue in writing about Williams 2nd birthday party!

We planned a little BBQ and party for William (and me) on the 21st of September. It was the day before our birthday because it was Billys day off and we could all enjoy it together. We invited the neighbors over and a handful of other friends and family to enjoy the evening with us. I made the invitations and I also decided to create a treasure hunt for the kids to find their party gift bags. It was a hit with the two oldest girls there and a few younger kids, including William, came along for the walk. I sent them once around "the loop". (Our neighborhood is a big loop that is exactly a quarter of a mile, the size of a track, very convenient for me and my jogger!) The kids found there buried treasure and then we ate bbq hamburgers, hot dogs and yummy salads and fruits. I made two cakes- one chocolate baseball cake with banana frosting & one funfetti cake with cream cheese frosting. So yummy! The kids played at our "park" in front of the house and i think everyone had a good time.

William loves playing with the neighborhood kids. It's really fun to watch them all together, they are so darn cute. The highlight of his night was opening his Thomas the trains from Grandpa and Grandma. He loves those trains! I found a train table on craigslist and tried to get it all fixed up before his birthday... it's a work in progress. I will have to write about it when i'm all done.


Happy birthday William!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! It turned out great Lori! The map reminds me of the one that you guys made for me to find treasure in our sand box. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great party.. we loved being there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have come. Looks very fun!

    ReplyDelete