Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Billy turns 30

Our family celebrated Billy's 30th birthday on the last day of January. The original plan was to go to Disney Land on his birthday as a family.... but he was in class all week at Vandenburg air force base. So we will be finding a different day to go. Because he was getting home a little later than normal each evening, there wasn't a lot of evening time for a night out, but hopefully I can plan a date for us soon too.
Pretty much it was a regular evening at home + cake and ice cream. The boys and I drove over to the golf coarse back here, Rancho San Marcos, and bought Daddy a round of golf. Then we went into town and picked up a dozen helium balloons to decorate the house. We had BBQ chicken and french bread and I made Billy a funfetti cake for the 10th year in a row! Can't believe I've been making his birthday cake for 10 years already. I also made homemade chocolate banana ice cream which is something I made him the first year I made his birthday cake but I haven't been as consistent with.
The boys each made him a homemade card and really enjoyed his balloons too.
All in all it was a nice night as a family. Happy Birthday Billy. Welcome to your 30's! :)

4 comments:

  1. fun! Happy Birthday to Billy! Sure glad you married him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Billy. The big 30! :) Are you guys done with the move yet or still in the process or haven't started. I haven't kept up very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't started yet. Billy has been over there doing work to the house before we move into it. It's slow going because he can only work on his days off... We aren't in a hurry though, just don't know if the owners will get impatient with us :)

      Delete
  3. You are such a good wife. Billy looks so happy. Oh, and I really want to take my kids to Disneyland soon too. Gwen has never been, but Asher had been to Disneyland twice at her age! (of course those were free tickets... slightly different than paying all that $$$!)

    ReplyDelete