Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bunco Finale

I hosted Bunco on Friday night for the last time in our beautiful double wide.... it was a happy/ sad night. Lots of girls came- 16 to be exact. It was a good time. I even came out with the most bunco rolls, 3, and won half the pot! Always a bonus :)
I made a huge pot of sweet potato & black bean turkey chili and it turned out dreamy. The food spread was impressive with all the contributions from the neighbors and everyone was well fed. I also made a batch of Deett's famous punch. It has frozen OJ, pineapple juice, apple cider and 7up. It was a hit as well.
I gave away 2 door prizes since there were so many people that came... I made a small messenger bag that turned out darn good. (of course I forgot to get a picture of it!) I also gave away some JamBerry nails. The girl that won the bag was a girl that showed up that hadn't been in years... didn't really know her, and I couldn't tell if she really appreciated the bag like I know my neighbors would have. Oh well. Whatever. I had invited Rosie Wright, who now lives on west camino, to join us for the night and she left with the jamberry door prize! I was happy about that.
My boys are still recovering from being kicked out of the house until 10pm... we had to get up the next morning to clean the church at 8am on Saturday. Not a very good combination. And then of course another early morning out to church today. We all still need more sleep after this weekend. Sorry boys.

Now I need to get serious about boxing stuff up. It's nice that we aren't moving very far away... I'm really hoping that it will be pretty smooth over all. More of a gradual thing rather than one big move day.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you do bunco night. Sounds like so much fun. Good luck with the move! I know what a pain it is... but I know you guys will fix it up nice. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come and help you. My family is still sick if you can believe that. Non stop sickness since we saw you all at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still never played Bunko, but I hear it is so fun. And moving is so draining... wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete