Saturday, October 1, 2011

Retro Homemaking


A few weeks ago our Relief Society put on a retro homemaking night. It was so fun to be a part of (I'm on the committee). We had a pressure cooking class, made little apple pies in a jar and sewed half aprons. We also had a board game drive which we collected and gave to a local children's program. All in all a very fun night. Most of us on the committee dresses up for the occasion, wearing pearls, curling hair and of course sporting our aprons!
I slept in sponge curlers up to my head the night before and even painted my finger nails. I wore a full apron that one of the other ladies brought but couldn't wear because of her hair due. Billy was gone on a fire, So I brought the boys and one of the young women watched them in the nursery... hooray for a small break and a fun evening with the RS sisters!
Doesn't Jill's hair look amazing!

2 comments:

  1. How fun, You look so cute, especially with the curls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jills hair does look cute, as does yours, fun to have a dress up night!

    ReplyDelete