Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Talks

Billy and I got nabbed to speak in Church today. We weren't assigned a specific topic, but being the first of the year I chose to speak on setting and achieving goals. Billy followed by talking about standing in holy places. I think they went together nicely and we were able to take up almost all the time between the two of us. I wrote a little poem to conclude my talk today and I wanted to write it down here in the blog. The relief Society president came up to me after the meeting and asked for a copy so she could pass it out to all the sisters.. what a nice compliment.

Keep your focus

The first of the year
the time we all know
to write down our goals
and give them a go

Try to save a dollar
want to plan a trip
and as for my finances
I must get a grip

Perform more service
get those monthly visits done
develop a new talent
save time for a little fun

Become a better person
learn to listen more
practice daily scripture study
build up my food store

Whatever goals you may have
at this time of year
don't forget to keep your focus
on the One we hold so dear

The Savior needs to be the center
and the bottom line
as we think of all the ways
to make life more divine.

3 comments:

  1. wish I could have been there to hear your talks. I would have especially loved to hear Billy... since he is more of the quiet type. Love and miss you lots. Hope dad isn't keeping you awake at nights. I know I'm not waking up to snoring for the time being... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem and you! I think I will print it out and put it somewhere for me to see. Good work. Wish I could have been there to see you guys speak too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm sure you both did great, and I love your poem.

    ReplyDelete